We warrant to you that the SmartBar product is free from defects in workmanship and materials for the warranty period.
Fitting and use
Please ensure you:
- fit the SmartBar product in accordance with the product information and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws
- use the SmartBar product for the purpose for which it was originally designed and in accordance with the product information and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws
Our warranty does not cover:
- normal wear and tear
- fitting the SmartBar product other than in accordance with the product information and any relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws, including incorrect fitting
- using the SmartBar product other than for the purpose for which it was originally designed or other than in accordance with the product information and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws, including unusual, improper or negligent use or misuse or overloading
- misuse or neglect of the SmartBar product, including improper repair or maintenance or failing to repair and maintain
- alteration, abuse, acts of nature, terrorism, vandalism, collision, road hazards or adverse conditions
Making a claim
Please immediately contact us as soon as you become aware of a possible defect in the SmartBar product. We will arrange for you to either attend a SmartBar outlet (at your cost) for a SmartBar representative to inspect the SmartBar product (as fitted to your vehicle) or for you to return the SmartBar product to us.
We will also request you to provide the purchase receipt and complete a warranty claim form.
In order to ensure our warranty is not voided, please keep the purchase receipt as proof of purchase and do not remove the fitted SmartBar product from your vehicle before contacting us. If your claim is in order, we will notify you and (at our sole discretion) either repair or replace the defective workmanship or materials (at our cost) or refund to you the purchase price you paid for the defective SmartBar product.
If further information or investigation is required or if the claim does not meet the requirements under our warranty, we will let you know.
Australian Consumer Law
The SmartBar product comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Customer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund if there is a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the SmartBar product repaired or replaced if it fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Other consumer rights
The benefits to you under our warranty are in addition to any other rights and remedies you are entitled to under relevant consumer laws. Our warranty replaces any other warranty given by SmartBar or its supplier in respect of the SmartBar product.
The following terms have the following meanings:
Ancillary components – all bracketry and hardware, lighting and other components that are supplied with or come attached to the SmartBar bull bar.
Product information – information about the SmartBar product which may be contained in any of the documentation provided with the SmartBar product, including safety instructions, installation instructions, operating instructions, owner’s manual, service manual, labels and packaging.
Purchase date – the date you purchased the SmartBar product from a SmartBar outlet, as specified in the purchase receipt.
SmartBar manufactured component – only the product which SmartBar has directly manufactured.
SmartBar outlet – an outlet authorised by SmartBar to sell SmartBar products.
SmartBar products – products which SmartBar manufactures or sells through SmartBar outlets.
Warranty period – commences on and from the purchase date and ends as follows:
SmartBar bull bar manufactured components warranty period: the life of the vehicle to which the SmartBar product is originally fitted to.
SmartBar bull bar ancillary components warranty period: 12 months.
We/Us – ARB Corporation Limited (ABN 31 006 708 756)
Trading as SmartBar
Address: 36 Waddikee road, Lonsdale SA 5160
Phone: 1300 301 320
You – the purchaser of the SmartBar product from a SmartBar outlet
SmartBar Manufactured Components – Product Information
Fitting and use
- attach the SmartBar product to your vehicle using anchorages not intended for this purpose
- use the SmartBar product for a vehicle make or model other than the vehicle make or model specified by us
- remove the moulded label from the SmartBar product
- modify or alter the structure of the SmartBar product or any component of the SmartBar product
Please ensure you fit the SmartBar product in accordance with the relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws. Please retain all hardware until fitment is complete and all product information after installation is complete.
If you have any issues in fitting the SmartBar product, please contact us. We recommend engaging a qualified auto-electrician to complete all wiring and using anti-seize on all threaded fittings. We recommend regularly cleaning the SmartBar product. For best results, apply a silicon-based product, such as Armor All© after cleaning. We recommend engaging an experienced plastic welder to carry out repairs to the SmartBar product.
SRS (supplementary restraint system) airbags
When fitted in accordance with the product information, the SmartBar product does not affect the operation of SRS airbags. If you fit a SmartBar product to a vehicle make or model other than a vehicle make or model specified by us, it may affect the operation of SRS airbags or crumple zone.
The SmartBar product is a vehicle accessory only. You should not consider the SmartBar product as total protection for your vehicle or its occupants in the event of a collision.