We warrant to you that the SmartBar Product is free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period.
Fitting and use
Please ensure you:
- fit the SmartBar Product in accordance with the Product Information and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws
- use the SmartBar Product for the purpose for which it was originally designed and in accordance with the Product Information and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws
Our warranty does not cover:
- normal wear and tear;
- fitting the SmartBar Product other than in accordance with the Product Information and any relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws, including incorrect fitting;
- using the SmartBar Product other than for the purpose for which it was originally designed or other than in accordance with the Product Information and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws, including unusual, improper or negligent use or misuse or overloading;
- misuse or neglect of the SmartBar Product, including improper repair or maintenance or failing to repair and maintain;
- alteration, abuse, acts of nature, terrorism, vandalism, collision, road hazards or adverse conditions;
- formal or informal competitive events, such as racing, rallying, hill climbing, speed trials or similar activities; and/or
- using the Smartbar Product in highly corrosive environments.
Making a claim
Please immediately contact us as soon as you become aware of a possible defect in the SmartBar Product or non-compliance or delay in the Smartbar Service, and
- SmartBar Product: We will arrange for you to either attend a SmartBar Outlet (which may be at your cost) for a SmartBar representative to inspect the SmartBar Product (as fitted to your vehicle) or for you to return the SmartBar Product to us;
- SmartBar Service: We will arrange for you to attend a SmartBar Outlet (which may be at your cost) for a SmartBar representative to investigate the SmartBar Service
We will also request you to provide the purchase receipt and complete a warranty claim form.
Please note that a claim made pursuant to this warranty may not be accepted without proof of purchase of the SmartBar Product or SmartBar Service. Please do not remove the fitted SmartBar Product from your vehicle before contacting us. If your claim is in order, we will notify you and (at our sole discretion):
- SmartBar Product: We will either repair or replace the defective workmanship or materials (at our cost) or refund to you the purchase price you paid for the defective SmartBar Product;
- SmartBar Service: We will either resupply the SmartBar Service (at our cost) or refund you the unused portion of the purchase price you paid for the non-complying SmartBar Service.
If further information or investigation is required or if the claim does not meet the requirements under our warranty, we will let you know.
For all Smartbar Products used for commercial applications including (without limitation) taxis, hire vehicles and use in the mining industry, Smartbar warrants to You that the Smartbar Product is free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Commercial Use Warranty Period.